New TSI Family of Type IIIA Shields Launched by Protech® Tactical
March 18, 2013
JACKSONVILLE, FL – PROTECH® Tactical is pleased to announce the expansion of its line of ballistic shields with the introduction of the TSI family of type IIIA shields. These new shields are available in three sizes, 20” x 34”, 24” x 36” and 20” x 48”, and feature a flat design with a low-profile, ambidextrous collapsible handle for easy storage. The TSI shields feature a 4” x 10” multi-layered polycarbonate ballistic viewport with a 100% aramid ballistic shield design and durable 1000-denier Cordura® nylon outer skin. The combination of these materials makes the TSI family of shields extremely lightweight and affordable.
“When comparing shields of the same sizes, shields in the TSI family are 10% lighter than any other type IIIA shields with a viewport currently offered by PROTECH Tactical,” said Dan McNeil, Director of Category Management for PROTECH Tactical Armor. “Since they are lighter in weight, these shields provide the operator with greater maneuverability and reduce operator fatigue, allowing the ability for prolonged use.”
The shield and viewport have been independently tested to defeat the following handgun rounds:
TSI Shields include the following features:
· Type IIIA flat design with a tapered bottom for easy storage and maneuverability
· Free-floating 4” x 10” type IIIA multi-layered viewport
· Viewport overlaps ballistics in the front and back - reinforcing the seams and providing excellent protection from handgun threats
· 1000-denier Cordura® nylon outer skin with a durable, non-skid rubber outer edging, which provides weapon-clearing capabilities while adding protection from wear and tear
· Padded forearm rest on the body side of the shield that provides additional standoff protection against backface deformation
· Low-profile, ambidextrous rubber grip handle with nylon webbing, which allows the shield operator’s arm to be kept vertical in a strong-arm position utilizing skeletal support
About PROTECH® Tactical
PROTECH® Tactical has maintained the leading position in the tactical armor industry for more than 25 years by continually pursuing its passion to create the gear most coveted by tactical teams throughout the world. PROTECH Tactical takes pride in providing the most comprehensive offering of field proven hard and soft armor. Its cutting edge line up of ballistic tactical vests, shields, armor plates, helmets non-ballistic load-carrying systems and other accessories provide unparalleled head to toe protection. PROTECH Tactical is a part of The Safariland Group family of brands. For more information, visit www.protechtactical.com.
About The Safariland Group
The Safariland Group is a premier global provider of trusted, innovative, high-quality law enforcement and security products for the public safety, military and outdoor/personal protection markets. Offering many of the world’s most recognizable names in these markets, principal brands include ABA®, Second Chance®, Safariland®, Bianchi® and Break Free®. Forensics brands include Identicator® and NIK®. The Safariland Group’s mission, Together, We Save Lives™, is inherent in the life-saving products it delivers. The Safariland Group has its headquarters in Jacksonville, FL. For more information about The Safariland Group and its brands, please visit www.safariland.com.
For further information, please contact:
Hope Bianchi Sjursen
Director, Marketing Services
The Safariland Group
Tel 1+909-923-9300 x31223