Armed Intruder Course
Immediate Response to an Armed Intruder for Educators and School Administrators
Armed Intruder incidents in schools are escalating at an alarming rate. Innocent victims are falling prey to armed intruders with one mission in mind - committing mass casualties. Historically these events create victims in the first few seconds before the police have time to respond. The objective of this course is to train School Administrators, Teachers and staff with initial actions they can take to make a difference and potentially save lives in the crucial 3 to 4 minutes before police can arrive.
06/17/2013 - 06/17/2013
07/23/2013 - 07/24/2013
Register for a Course
- Tagline: BE PREPARED TO RESPOND TO AN ARMED INTRUDER SITUATION
- Course Tution: $195
- Course Duration: 1 Day Basic, (8 hours)
The course is designed to maximize the initial efforts of educators and staff to afford the best chance of survival and to minimize casualties’ specific to their facilities.
This curriculum focuses on active shooter profiles, equipment/techniques, and the police response. Students will review:
- Site Security Assessment
- Past incidents, lessons learned, and indicators to recognize potentially dangerous situations
- Emergency procedures, decision making under pressure and escape drills
- Ad-hoc barricading, improvised weapons, and cover / concealment techniques
- Rescue tactics and self aid / buddy aid
- Strategies to create an effective immediate response plan
- Become skilled in techniques that can minimize casualties
- Learn how to make critical decision in crisis situations
Each attendee should be able to perform minimal physical skills associated with rapid movement in escape drills. Attendees may also be required to crouch, crawl, or lay prone during scenarios.
- Loose fitting “active wear”
All Safariland Training Group courses are available for hosting by your agency. Contact us for information on the requirements and benefits of hosting a course.
Contact us for hosting information