Officer Down Rescues and Combat Medicine
Training for Police, Corrections, Military and Private Security
In law enforcement, officers are the first responders into hostile environments and dynamic tactical situations, which often involve a medical problem to be addressed quickly and efficiently. The Officer Down Rescues & Combat Medicine course prepares you to react in a developing hostile tactical environment that may save the life of someone else or your own.
SAVE LIVES WHEN SECONDS COUNT
Course Duration:Two day - Instructor Training
This specifically addresses law enforcement personnel who respond to violent incidents where other officers or victims are injured and require rescue and/or first aid when seconds count. This curriculum utilizes the guidelines and recommendations of the Tactical Combat Casualty Care program as a foundation and then applies Law Enforcement requirements and circumstances to show officers how to apply tactics and team movements for rescue in a hostile environment.
This course contains lecture, hands-on skill stations, reality based scenarios, and live fire range drills designed to expose the student to a variety of different emergency situations and confidently provide appropriate care. The core principles of TCCC remain the same.
Care Under Fire:
- Equipment Recommendations for Law Enforcement
- Bleeding and Tourniquets
Tactical Field Care Concepts:
- Bleeding and QuickClot Application
- Airway Trauma and Treatments
- Chest Trauma and Treatments
- Fractures and Splinting
- Blast Injuries
Tactical Field Care:
- Evacuation Categories
- Evacuation Considerations
- Become more mobile by learning individual movement utilizing cover, and concealment
- Learn the best tactics to get to victims faster
- Engage TCCC core principles:rescue victims, treat the casualty, prevent additional casualties, complete the mission
- Duty Gear normally utilized during tactical operations
- Body Armor, eye and ear protection
- Gloves (Flame Resistant)
- Issued Handgun (3 mags)
- Issued Long Gun with sling (3 mags)
- 100rds Handgun ammo
- 100rds Long Gun ammo
- IFAK pouch utilized on Tactical Gear (Preferred)
All Safariland Training Group courses are available for hosting by your agency. Contact us for information on the requirements and benefits of hosting a course.
Contact us for hosting information